NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems

1998 Acura CL accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Acura CL:

1998 Acura CL Owner Comments

Aug 212009

CL

I cannot open my drivers side door. I thought maybe it was an easy fix so I have gone to 3 different mechanics to have it checked. Auto, mechanic, body shop mechanic an a locksmith, I even went to freeman stereo to see if it was electrical. They all said that it is the door catch, it is going to cost me $400. They also said that it is a defect in the catch and the body shop has had 4 Honda, Acura he said in the last 2 months. He said that it is well noted that there is a problem with the catches. Well, I cannot get out of the car in case of an accident. If they know there is a problem ( Honda ) then they should fix it.

- Concord, NC, USA