NHTSA — Suspension Problems

2003 Acura CL suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Acura CL:

2003 Acura CL Owner Comments

Mar 012004

CL 6-cyl

I have a 2003 Acura Cl S type at 400 miles a tire was Michelin tire was replaced for a bubble in the tire wall, the car is less than a year old and with 11,000 miles. I have replace two more tires for bubbles. Now a fourth tire has a bubble. I am told by Acura and Michelin that these are caused by pot holes. There is no rim damage and I was told by costco that this is a big problem with this type Acura because of suspension. This is not safe, some bubbles are on inside walls and can not be seen. I don't believe any testing was done. This tire should be outlawed. No one wants to take responsibility and I can not afford to replace tires every month these tire are brand new and Michelin is making a ton of money. I have read many complaints where people have crashed. I would like to avoid this....I would like either Michelin or Acura to address this problem or I would like to get out of my lease since I was not aware of the unsafe condition of my vehicle.

- Staten Island, NY, USA