4.3

2003 Acura CL wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Acura CL:

2003 Acura CL Owner Comments

Feb 052007

CL 5-cyl

I bought this Acura Cl type S 6-speed Saturday, Jan. 6, 2007. Dealer had put new tires on vehicle as part of an Acura certified used car program. On Monday Feb. 5, 2007, I was traveling on business leaving from work with bad weather pending. Co-worker was to drive my car to my home for me, to keep in garage. My co-worker called less than a mile from work informing me of sidewall blow out on my driver's side rear tire, he had only traveled a short distance when car felt odd. He did not hit anything. My co-worker and my wife got the car to lindsay Acura for service that night. The next day service consultant matt called to inform me of tire and rim damage he believes resulted from a pothole impact. (customer damage) not covered by warranty. This cost me $350.63. I have seen that there is other similar complaints (falken tire).

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 192004

CL

While driving, vehicle suffered a sidewall cut and sudden deflation of the right front tire. The consumer stated this was the third time the vehicle suffered sidewall damage, which required the replacement of the tires and wheels. The consumer believed the combination of the low profile tires and the design of the 17 inch wheels on a low speed roll of the wheel into a pothole can cause the tire to be pinched and cut or damaged by the rim of the wheel. The tire dealer and the Acura dealer stated the tire failures were due to road hazards, however the consumer disagreed since the failure happened three times.

- Plainview, NY, USA