NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2013 Acura ILX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura ILX:

2013 Acura ILX Owner Comments

Jun 062015

For over one year I have been reporting to Acura that my 2013 Ilx computer system is being tampered with. Acura's response had been to deny of knowing any issues with the electrical/computer system. Two weeks ago while washing my car in the driveway, I witnessed the doors lock/unlocked and alarm system set, this cycle repeated for a least an entire minute. I notified Acura and was told to take to dealership, they recommended I have the key fobs reset, charged $74 just to hook up car to computer. The 2 key fobs were reset and two days later I found the car tampered with again. After spending the money I found these links on the internet.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Oct 132013

October 13, 2013 I was in the church parking lot and tried to start the car. The car won't start or crank up.. June 4, 2014, again the Ilx won't start or crank up. The car was in a parking lot of a school. Both times the car had to be jump start. I was told the fog light was using up the battery so the dealer turned the fog light off. Then I was told the nav was using up the battery and finally I was told the battery cell was faulty. The Acura dealer finally changed the battery since the battery is still on warranty. I am on wait and see situation right now whether I would have the same battery problem in six months.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA