NHTSA — Structure Problems

2002 Acura MDX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Acura MDX:

2002 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Jun 132009

I have a 2002 Acura MDX. Every time it rains, the carpet on the front driver and passenger side get soaked with water. I cannot visually see where the water is coming from. I called the dealer and I was told that its not a manufacturer defect. I went online and I found out that alot of people have the same issues with their car. I believe this should be manufacturer defects is so many drivers are having issues. Not only that the water can reach the electrical components which can be deadly. Please advise if the dealer should be responsible if so many people having this problem. Based on my research online, newer models experienced the same problems that I'm having. I believe the company should be responsible if so many people are having issues.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA