NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2006 Acura MDX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura MDX:

2006 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Dec 212012

Hfl on my 2006 MDX stopped working a while back. When you press the talk switch, nothing happens. Occasionally, it comes on, but not operational. What I mean is it prompts and I can go through the main menu. But when I try to pair my phone it goes into a never ending scanning loop. It doesn't appear that any handshaking with the phone is established. This same phone works fine with bluetooth in my other car and other devices. So, it's not the phone. For almost an year, the battery on the MDX keep draining and I would require a jump start if I don't use it for 2-3 days. It looks like the faulty bluetooth hfl is causing the battery drain. Many people out there have the same problem, not only with 2006 Acura MDX, but also with some different Acura models.

- Denver, CO, USA

May 272012

On window rollup, rear window slid out of drive mechanism and fell to the base behind door panel. Glass did not shatter, and I was able to maneuver it back into position temporarily to take to dealership for replacement of drive mechanism. No weight or obstruction was put on window as it was being electrically closed. This is the third time a rear drive mechanism has failed on this vehicle. Both other replacements were handled under warranty and good faith. This unfortunately is going to be an out of pocket fix to the tune of 350 dollars. I believe that this is a flawed design and could have resulted in broken glass, an unsafe situation considering my daughter was in car seat next to window.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Feb 242009

Bought a new MDX. Battery failed the first day(8/28/2006). 100 month battery replaced. Battery failed 2/24/2009. Acura had no explanation for battery problems. Warranty book said do not drive can cause someone being killed. We had car towed.

- Oceanside, CA, USA