NHTSA — Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks Problems

1.9

2007 Acura MDX accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura MDX:

2007 Acura MDX Owner Comments

May 042012

MDX 4WD 6-cyl

Recently I had to change my wife's car tire due to a flat. I used the factory Acura scissor jack to do it. While I had stepped away from the jack stand to get the spare tire, the jack collapsed and essentially the metal structure of the jack had folded a bit. The car slammed to the ground with my wife and 1 year old inside the car (it was raining out). I contacted Acura support about having them simply replace the unusable jack stand with a new one. They politely told me to pound sand. I have some pics of the bent jack that I can share. I had contacted the us consumer product safety commission and they recommended I file a complaint with the NHTSA. Updated 01/09/13

- Newmarket, NH, USA