1.7

2007 Acura MDX miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura MDX:

2007 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Jul 102015

MDX

Starting in fall 2011 with appx 60,000 miles on the vehicle when driving and stopped at a light or in traffic stopped the car will not drive when you pressed the gas pedal, the engine will rev like it is nuetral and if you keep pressing it will roll a little and finally break free and drive again. If you put the car in nuetral or park it resets it self and works fine, otherwise it sometimes will keep happening and other time the car drives like it is not shifting properly. It did this once in while at first with conditions of being hot outside and ac on in car. Dealer could not duplicate. In 2014 the car did it and when it broke free it was jerking at 20 mph and 40 mph all the way to the dealer, I did not turn the car off nor take out of drive, upon getting to the dealer. They hooked up a computer and decided it was the transmission. They replaced it and found thought it was fixed. A couple weeks later it did it again, this time they replace a computer. They weather got colder and no issues until spring 2015 when it started again. Once again it got hot out and the ac was on in the car. The navigation was resetting as well as the car jerking like mentioned before. Drove it directly to the dealer again without taking out of drive they hooked up the computer again and said it was the transmission and replaced it again. We put in a new car battery as well at that time thinking maybe T had something to do with navigation resetting. A few days later it started again. Went to the dealer again, they could not duplicate. The issue is still occurring and we feel that Acura is not taking this seriously. Acura customer service will only do what the computer says is wrong and clearly it is not the issue since once you turn the car off or take out of drive it will ot give a code.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Jan 212015

MDX 4WD 6-cyl

Back glass broke all of a sudden. No explanation to it... it seems like it has happen to a lot of people who owns Honda/Acura. I opened my vehicle got in it when I close my door heard like a piece of glass fall in the car without not knowing what it was. Got off and took a look around what I see a the back glass it was shattered. I went around to look at it and the corners of both sides were broken and the whole glass shattered no explanation to it kept looking around to see what happened went to the internet did some research on it and this has happen to a lot of people broken glass without a reason after a lot of research I realized that is a defect problem from Acura/ Honda specially on the MDX's side window, back glass and a lot of glass parts. It has to do with like a piece of rubber or metal. I'm not a glass man so this is just what happen to me. Now just waiting for the glass company to call me to see what are they gonna do about it. Being a defective problem and putting people on risk Acura / Honda should take care of it without me using my insurance company...a 50000 dollar SUV with those issues should be taken care by Acura.

- Gainesville , FL, USA

Jul 042014

MDX

The hands free link (hfl) on this 2007 Acura MDX failed to work. The device provides for safe hands free operation of the vehicle and talking on a bluetooth paired phone. In addition it provides for safe operations of various settings of the vehicle w/out having to take your hands off the steering wheel. After researching the problem it seems to be a common problem among Honda's and Acura's that that the hands free link electronic module malfunctions. In addition the malfunctioning of the hfl causes a battery drain and

- Yardville, NJ, USA

May 092011

MDX

While was driving the car, it shut down completely -.no lights, no motor, ..completely dead in the middle of the freeway. I was simply driving and had not touched any buttons or dials. I was (luckily) able to drift to the breakdown lane. Approximately 45 minutes later, the inside lights turned on and I was able to continue driving. This morning, when I took the car into the dealer for service, I was told that another customer had the same problem, recurring every three weeks or so. At other times, when the car was stationary, the car would also freeze on me, and again, after waiting approx. 45 minutes, it started up. This was, for me, the first time it happened while I was driving. Mileage entered above is approximate.

- East Quogue, NY, USA