NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems

2011 Acura MDX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Acura MDX:

2011 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Feb 012011

We are currently leasing a 2011 Acura MDX and are experiencing a pinging or engine knock at lower RPM. I had a service technician test drive the car and he recognized the noise and stated that Acura is aware of the problem but does not have a fix for the problem. When I asked if there was potential damage happening to the engine, I was told not to be concerned. Weeks and months later the noise is still apparent "sounds like a diesel truck" and I am beginning to feel a lack of power. I contacted Acura customer service directly and I spoke to a customer service representative at Acura that told me they are aware of the problem but there is still no fix from their engineers. I am reporting this issue to hopefully gain some traction for the Acura engineers to Focus their efforts on creating a solution to the problem. I have had great success with the Acura brandin the past. However I am disappointed that I am being told that I have to deal with a premium SUV that sounds like a diesel truck.

- Englewood , CO, USA