NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

2012 Acura MDX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura MDX:

2012 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Mar 032013

I was driving on a local side street at about 15 mph when I heard a snap and suddenly my car swerved into a parked car causing minor damage to the passenger side front fender of my car and the driver side rear fender of the parked car. I had a witness, a bystander, who also said he heard a snap before my car swerved. My car was towed to an Acura dealership where I was later informed that the car had a broken tie rod. I did not hit any pot holes. The roads were clear and my car has never been towed before. It is 6 months old with 6000 miles. I can provide pictures of the damage.there is no other damage to the under carriage except a scrape where the tie rod snapped. There is no bent wheel either.

- Flushing, NY, USA