2012 Acura MDX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura MDX:

2012 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Oct 292016

MDX

The sunroof spontaneously exploded causing shattered glass to fall on the driver while driving down the highway. It sounded like a gun went off. There was not any debris or rock that could have caused the shattered glass. The glass was lifted upward, not downward as would have been the case if something came from the sky or air. The temperature was 55 degrees Fahrenheit and the time was approximately 3:40. I had used the sunroof earlier in the morning without a problem and never had a problem before.

- Kingston, MA, USA

Mar 032013

MDX

I was driving on a local side street at about 15 mph when I heard a snap and suddenly my car swerved into a parked car causing minor damage to the passenger side front fender of my car and the driver side rear fender of the parked car. I had a witness, a bystander, who also said he heard a snap before my car swerved. My car was towed to an Acura dealership where I was later informed that the car had a broken tie rod. I did not hit any pot holes. The roads were clear and my car has never been towed before. It is 6 months old with 6000 miles. I can provide pictures of the damage.there is no other damage to the under carriage except a scrape where the tie rod snapped. There is no bent wheel either.

- Flushing, NY, USA