NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2016 Acura MDX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Acura MDX:

2016 Acura MDX Owner Comments

Nov 022015

When driving at night on country roads, up and down hills, a dark line appears across the top half of the windshield. Leaving a view of 40 -50 ft. You can only see threw the bottom half of windshield. Very dangerous!! I purchased this vehicle for all the safety features it has on it but now I can't drive it at night. Went to dealer and they tested headlights on a wall with a black line and the lights hit 2-3 inches below that line. Was told it was fine. I wanted it raised a bit but was told the lights were just fine and can't be adjusted. I have read some complaints on this very subject. I would like someone to test drive this car on dark, hilly, country roads that have no street lights. I also fine that on highways, like the turnpike, low beams just don't go reach out far enough. I just wonder if these jewel eye headlights are lined up correctly? thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope there is a solution to this problem.

- Kirkwood, PA, USA