NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2007 Acura RDX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura RDX:

2007 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Oct 152013

The contact owns a 2014 Audi 2.0 (N/a). The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph on a slight incline, the vehicle lunged forward with hesitation. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who was unable to duplicate the problem and informed the contact that the occurrence was a normal characteristics for the vehicle, especially in colder weather. In addition, the front windshield exhibited a glare until the glass was replaced by the dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Arbada, CO, USA

Aug 292013

I had two events. One while driving at 20 mph in my neighborhood and straight line driving and car suddenly accelerated. I threw car in neutral and stepped on gas hard for a second and cancelation stopped. Then five minutes later, while making a left turn, same exact event took place. I did the same thing. I had the brakes on hard and no stopping car. First time car has done this and I am only driver for six years. Brought to Acura and they sent a corporate mechanic to check and said they found nothing. Just got car back. A little scary.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 102011

RDX 4-cyl

After I drove my 2007 up my driveway on a hill, parked, and got out, the car began moving back out in reverse damaging the car door and garage wall. This car also will accelerate on its own even while on the brakes. My dealership and Acura was unwilling to address the concern.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 282012

RDX 4-cyl

Sua incident. I slowly entered underground parking garage with brakes on, turned into parking stall (brakes on) and vehicle suddenly, rapidly accelerated, over riding brakes and crashed head on into cement wall causing airbag to deploy. Over $9000 in damage was done to the vehicle. Witness behind me testified that I was going very slowly and the brake lights were on from the time I entered the parking garage to the time of the crash.

- Madison, WI, USA