NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2014 Acura RDX miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura RDX:

2014 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Nov 022015

We have two 2014 Rdx's. wife hit a deer with damage to the right front light and right front quarter panel. Suppose to be a $3700 repair but when body shop drove Rdx into their building it caught fire and now we have a totaled 40,000 Rdx. Everybody has said they can't ever remember a Acura ever catching on fire. In talking with a Acura mechanic he mentioned something about they had some electrical issues on these vehicles but nothing was proven. We are waiting on the results from the electrical engineers that the insurance people have hired to try to determine if there is a problem with it's manufacturing or something else they are asking if any thing was leaking from the vehicle and as far as we know it wasn't leaking since we kept driving it until we took it to the body shop. My problem is I don't want to park the other Rdx in my garage not knowing if the vehicle has a manufacturing electrical problem. The mechanic told me to disconnect my battery cable if I was worried. I don't fine that as a solution to the problem. The other problem we have is the car was being driven and they pull it into their shop where they have worked on Honda's and Acura's for a lot of years and this model catches on fire. Something isn't right. My wife took some pictures on her phone of her Rdx.

- Bellefontaine, OH, USA

Mar 262015

Security system engages itself when your in the car with all systems shut down. Also engages itself when the car is on and in gear. Alarm goes off and security light goes on and cant be stopped by key fob or turning the car off. Then turned the car off and then it would not start alarm still sounding then it started while alarm on and alarm light on and drove a distance with alarm sounding then stoped and turned car ofg and alarm went off and did not restart itself again. My concerns have been brought to the rallye Acura desler in roslyn NY where car purchased since March but no response. I am concerned that alarm engages itself when I am driving and may turn the car off. Must be a short or defect in the system. Also the alarm is able to be turned on when all windows are wide open. These are not only saftey concerns but security issues as well. The car alarm in progress can be driven off and seemingly halted when stopped.

- Garden City, NY, USA

Aug 272013

RDX 6-cyl

Acura Rdx tech purchased 30 days ago, up-shifted while parking into a parking spot in a parking garage. The vehicle suddenly and violently accelerated when pushing on the brake before a complete stop and ran into the chain linked fence. The driver got a seat belt burn on the left upper chest and soft tissue injury to the neck. The front part of the vehicle got significant body damage. A couple incidences of the car violently upshifted when moving from a stop were also noted before this accident happened. The car was bought brand new a month ago. This is the exact similar incidence to the complaint # 10510220. Acurazine community forum has other incidences similar to my accident. This is a major safety concern. The vehicle was brought to the Acura dealer for investigation.

- Fresno, CA, USA