NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

2015 Acura RDX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura RDX:

2015 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Nov 162015

As I was driving down us rte 95 yesterday, going over the bridge into portsmouth, nh at ~65 mph, my sunroof suddenly exploded, covering me and the interior of my car with broken glass. Fortunately, I was able to pull over to an exit just over the bridge and call for assistance. I think I avoided an accident by virtue of there not being a lot of cars near me when this happened. It was a sunny day, ~50 degrees and my car thermostat was at 67 degrees so temperature differential was not a factor. Both the state police officer and the tow truck driver opined that the window blew out from within. The officer also checked the bridge for possible falling debris that might have hit the car and found no evidence of that.

- North Berwick, ME, USA

Oct 162015

Traveling on interstate at about 74 mph the moon roof shattered without warning. The inside visor was open and the glass moon roof was closed at the time. Glass fragments dropped on top of driver and passenger.

- Wilmington, NC, USA