NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2015 Acura RDX (Page 2 of 2)

2015 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura RDX:

2015 Acura RDX Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 222016

It took takata several months before they contacted Acura about the defect. All the other car manufacturers were cobtacted months and months ago - we just got notified 2 days ago. This is wrong - we should have been told months go.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Mar 222016

Takata recall: Received recall letter 3-22-16. Part is not available until summer 2016. I have read about these defective airbags for quite some time now and have checked often to make sure mine was not on the list. Why am I just now receiving a notice" why aren't the parts available? why do I have to wait months worrying about being mangled and/or killed by the equipment that is supposed to help keep me and my family/passengers safe" I haven't contacted the dealer yet, but I already feel like the dealer has failed and is unable to remedy the defect in my vehicle within a reasonable amount of time. I will call them to see what their "provision of, or reimbursement for, temporary alternative transportation, as necessary" means and get back on here with their answer.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Mar 212016

Takata recall I received a recall notice today (3/21/2016). The notice states that repair kits will be available in the summer of 2016 --that's at least a full 3 months from now. It is irresponsible for Acura/Honda to expect that I should put my life in danger every time I get in my car for the next 3 months due to a defective issue that is entirely their fault. I'm also concerned that I was not notified much sooner of my airbag --this has been in the news for at least a year. This is totally unacceptable and I would like my airbag replaced asap. Acura should pay for a rental or alternative vehicle for the months I/my family will be made to endure having a serious defect in the car we use every day.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Mar 212016

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA