2015 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2015 Acura RDX (Page 2 of 2)

2015 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura RDX:

2015 Acura RDX Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 012016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact was displeased with how Acura was handling the takata recall. The contact did not feel safe in the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to dealer. The contact inquired about trading in the vehicle or getting it repurchased, but she was not offered a comparable price or comparable vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Mar 252016

RDX

Takata recall- purchased a 2015 Rdx in October. I asked if the airbag was a takata and was told that it was not. Today, I got a safety recall telling me that I cannot drive the car, it could kill me. I have also been told that the car will have to sit for at least 4 months until they can get the part to replace it, however I will still have to pay my almost $600 car payment.

- Arnold, MD, USA

Mar 222016

RDX

It took takata several months before they contacted Acura about the defect. All the other car manufacturers were cobtacted months and months ago - we just got notified 2 days ago. This is wrong - we should have been told months go.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Mar 222016

RDX

Takata recall: Received recall letter 3-22-16. Part is not available until summer 2016. I have read about these defective airbags for quite some time now and have checked often to make sure mine was not on the list. Why am I just now receiving a notice" why aren't the parts available? why do I have to wait months worrying about being mangled and/or killed by the equipment that is supposed to help keep me and my family/passengers safe" I haven't contacted the dealer yet, but I already feel like the dealer has failed and is unable to remedy the defect in my vehicle within a reasonable amount of time. I will call them to see what their "provision of, or reimbursement for, temporary alternative transportation, as necessary" means and get back on here with their answer.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Mar 212016

RDX

Takata recall I received a recall notice today (3/21/2016). The notice states that repair kits will be available in the summer of 2016 --that's at least a full 3 months from now. It is irresponsible for Acura/Honda to expect that I should put my life in danger every time I get in my car for the next 3 months due to a defective issue that is entirely their fault. I'm also concerned that I was not notified much sooner of my airbag --this has been in the news for at least a year. This is totally unacceptable and I would like my airbag replaced asap. Acura should pay for a rental or alternative vehicle for the months I/my family will be made to endure having a serious defect in the car we use every day.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Mar 212016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA