NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2015 Acura RDX (Page 1 of 2)

9.4

2015 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura RDX:

2015 Acura RDX Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 272016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Prairieville, LA, USA

Mar 232016

RDX 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/21/16 the consumer stated the air bag was replaced. Updated 10/25/16.

- Palentine, IL, USA

Feb 012016

Takata recall Feb 2016 part still not available after 6 months

- Hartsdale, NY, USA

Mar 012016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/06/16

- Temple Terrace, FL, USA

Mar 012015

RDX

Was told the recall situation would be resolved no later than June back in the March/April time frame. It is almost Sept and I still am waiting.

- Mendham, NJ, USA

Aug 232016

RDX

Takata recall. Called the dealer where we purchased our vehicle: Sunnyside Acura in nashua, nh several times over several months to have airbag replaced/repaired but was told that parts were not available nor did they didn't know when the parts would be available.

- Westford, MA, USA

Mar 012016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Beaver, WV, USA

Mar 072016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available for months so the contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- White Castle, LA, USA

Mar 152016

RDX

Takata recall. Acura notified us that our Acura Rdx was being recalled for air bag replacement in March 2016--see attached pdf of recall letter. We contacted marin Acura, the dealer which sold us the car, on the same day we received the letter to make a service appointment for the recall/airbag replacement. They notified us that the parts would not be available until "early summer". we have followed up frequently but have been consistently told parts are still not available with no estimate of availability. Marin Acura is generally responsive, funneling all calls to one service representative who is generally unavailable and does not return calls. The recall repair has not been made over 4 months later, and no assurance of future availability of replacement has been made. We are concerned about reports of injury or death risk, but Acura/marin Acura have taken no steps to resolve this matter and we are left in limbo.

- Mill Valley, CA, USA

Jul 112016

RDX

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 112016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Eudora, KS, USA

Feb 282015

RDX 6-cyl

2015 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver airbag inflator recall notice.

- Humble, TX, USA

Apr 112016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts were not available for the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bronx, NY, USA

May 022016

RDX 6-cyl

2015 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to repair recall notice.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Apr 012016

RDX 6-cyl

2015 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair airbag inflator recall notice.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Mar 262016

RDX

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The failure mileage was 14,000.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Mar 262016

RDX

Takata recall I spoke to the dealership who recommended that I stay in the vehicle as there is really nothing to worry about. That they are just being careful however there is no real need to stop driving my vehicle. They stated if I still feel uncomfortable, they will only offer alternate transportation but nothing close to the level of an Acura. If I want a luxury car that is comparable I will have to pay the difference myself. I do however have to continue to pay my lease for a car that I cannot drive. Acura is putting the complete burden on their customers and will not budge, or provide any additional help to remedy this unfortunate situation. I hope that there is something that can be done in a situation that leaves me wondering where there is justice for the consumer. I have to pay for their mistake? please help as I honestly feel completely cheated

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 042016

RDX

Takata recall: I posted on 3-23-16 about the recall letter I received and said I would get back on here after I speak with my Acura dealer in memphis. I have contacted them twice. Both times I was told someone would call me back. I haven't received a call. I will call the Acura company now and see what happens.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Apr 012016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Acura Rdx. The contact was displeased with how Acura was handling the takata recall. The contact did not feel safe in the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to dealer. The contact inquired about trading in the vehicle or getting it repurchased, but she was not offered a comparable price or comparable vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Mar 252016

RDX

Takata recall- purchased a 2015 Rdx in October. I asked if the airbag was a takata and was told that it was not. Today, I got a safety recall telling me that I cannot drive the car, it could kill me. I have also been told that the car will have to sit for at least 4 months until they can get the part to replace it, however I will still have to pay my almost $600 car payment.

- Arnold, MD, USA