Crankshaft Pulley Bolt Twisted Off While Driving

1. replace engine (1 reports)
1997 Acura RL engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Acura RL:

1997 Acura RL Owner Comments

Aug 302004

Just two and half weeks prior to the incident, my engine light came on and right away, I took the car to the nearest dealer where they performed a quick investigation. With in few minutes an answerer was, �nothing major that I probably touched the sparkplugs by accident which locks some engine code and the mechanic said he fix the code and I should be OK.� Then two weeks later, while I�m driving on the highway from work my crankshaft Polly (not sure about the correct spelling) bolt was twisted off which made my engine belts to come off and made hard for me to steer. According to the dealer, now I need a new engine. The car is service on annul basis and most major parts are always replaced by the dealer. The thing I don�t understand is how something like this could happen and not give any prior signs or signal, which can by picked up by the mechanic or the driver.

- , Wappingers Falls, NY, USA