NHTSA — Suspension: Front Problems

1998 Acura RL suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Acura RL:

1998 Acura RL Owner Comments

Jul 022010

May 15, 2010...I had my left cv axle and tire alignment on the left side serviced. July 2, 2010 I was driving and made a left turn. About a half a mile down the road my car on the left side completely collapsed. I thought it was a tire blow out, but it wasn't. vehicle was towed and inspected. Diagnosed: Left lower ball joint caused the incident according to the service department. Currently car is in the shop as I am trying to see who's at fault in order to get assistance for the work to be done. After doing some research I found that the lower ball joint was recalled during 1996-1999 for this part. Also the left side front fender etc is dented.

- Madera, CA, USA