NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems

2004 Acura RL accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura RL:

2004 Acura RL Owner Comments

Sep 012014

RL 6-cyl

My door locks stopped working again and I'm unsure whether it's the switch or the actuator. Honda's and Acura's are synonymous with malfunctioning actuators.for the last 7 years that I have owned this car, I have had to take it in to fix door locks and windows numerous times. My door locks stopped working, my windows stopped working every single year that I have owner this car. I purchased extended warranty so they could fix my door locks and windows every year. It's ridiculous the prices they charge for this car and they can't make it last more than 1 year. The Acura dealership showed me, that all the parts are made of plastic and they wear. As long as it's under extended warranty, I have to keep paying a deductible and bringing it in for them to fix.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA