NHTSA — Steering Problems

7.2

2014 Acura RLX steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura RLX:

2014 Acura RLX Owner Comments

Aug 152014

RLX 6-cyl

The Rlx has all wheel steering. The rear steering wheel actuators make a groaning sound, which Acura has not evaluated for potential safety concerns. I am concerned that the part is defective and could lead to loss of control of the vehicle if it fails. Acura knows of the problem and has not been able to fix it due to the unavailability of corrected parts.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Oct 052013

RLX 6-cyl

I was driving down the freeway when the back-end of the car became very loose and out of control. The car was swerving back and forth violently. I was able to gain control avoiding the cars to the left of me and the ditch to the right. I was able to get the car under control and I slowed the speed way down. I pulled off the highway and into a driveway to inspect. I found the passenger rear tire tilted inwards towards the car at about a 20 degree angle and found the tie rod that connects the car to the new all wheel steering device disconnected and laying on the ground. The bolt either came out or sheered off. The car was towed to the dealer and inspected. They told me it was a defect and repaired it under warranty. Acura client care received the photos and a description from the dealer. I was informed the bolt probably vibrated loose. Updated 10/22/13 updated 10/23/2013

- Winter Garden, FL, USA