NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2004 Acura RSX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura RSX:

2004 Acura RSX Owner Comments

Nov 182005

The Acura Rsx 2004 has very poor traction on icy surfaces, even with good winter tires. First noticed last year when we put extra sand bags in the trunk. This year my daughter lost control on the ice and hit a wall. She was injured. The airbags also did not deploy.

- D.D.O., 00, USA

Feb 142005

RSX 4-cyl

I have 7,000 miles on my car and this is the second time my SRS system has failed. The SRS computer has been replaced twice already. My business partner also has a 2004 Rsx and has had the same problem 5 times already. There are also numerous complaints posted across the internet, specifically on about this specific issue. The dealer has told me that when the SRS light is lit that all of my airbags are disabled. I fear that this vehicle is unsafe to drive. In addition there is a service bulliten out that states that a cell phone charger can sometimes cause the safety system to fail in the car. I think that if plugging in a cell phone charger into the cigarette lighter causes the SRS system to fail, there is major design flaw within the SRS system itself.

- Valencia, CA, USA