Transmission Slips

1996 Acura TL transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Acura TL:

1996 Acura TL Owner Comments

Oct 312010

Well, I had this car for about one month before the transmission started slipping..and I must say, considering that the car was 14 years old I'm not all that surprised...But wow what an amazing car it was..Notice i said WAS...The car started jerking and ramping up before it actually kicked into gear..and when it finally kick into gear it made this loud metal slamming sound...Oh and I almost forgot while coming up on a stop light I hit the brakes and the pedal went to the floor, not stopping the car for about ten feet but finally engaged after I almost lost my mind...or life, says my girlfriend..she's right!..But other than that I loved, loved, this car. It was by far the best car I've ever owned..I plan on upgrading to an RL3.5 great reviews for them and I've driven one..PS the car got wrecked.

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA