CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.

Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.

Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.

8.1

2002 Acura TL wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Acura TL:

2002 Acura TL Owner Comments

Mar 222003

TL 6-cyl

My trans. Was replaced in 2003 because of a shifting problem. My car was still under warranty, however, I was told that I would have to pay for the repair. I paid for the repair and in 2006 I had the same problem. I was told that it was a recall, but when I informed mcgrath Acura that I should be reimbursed, it was denied. I also complained of a clicking noise in the radio that was never looked in to when I took my car in for trans., apparently this is a common defect where the pins within the 6cd changer go bad, but I have yet to see a recall. I have also experienced problems with the bubbling michelins. I have had three blowouts and have finally replaced the tires with a different brand, which I think is unfair. I have also had problems with the brakes. I have had to replace original rotors for warping. My paint seems to be chipping really bad and it has been since original purchase. I also have had problems with the seat belt not retracting.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 242002

TL 6-cyl

Michelin tire failed at low mileage. Consumer found front left tire was low on air. Tire merchant not willing to do antying.

- Alexandria, VA, USA