2003 Acura TL
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
Worst 2003 TL engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- accelerator sticking1
- intake egr ports clogged1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control14
- NHTSA: Engine6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura TL Model Years
Curious how the 2003 TL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura TL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the TL.