NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Nav System (GPS) Problems

2004 Acura TL accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TL:

2004 Acura TL Owner Comments

Aug 312011

TL 6-cyl

On Honda Accord/Acura TL's 2004-2008 the navigation systems are failure and causing reboots nearly every 30 seconds. At night driving, this causes the navigation screen light to brightly flash every 30 seconds and the system will not function and allow you to turn the screen off or minimize brightness. On a recent trip from atlanta, Georgia to baltimore, Maryland at night I had to place an obstacle on the screen to avoid the flashing. I contacted Acura and they are aware that this is happening and that the fix is to purchase a new system at $3,500 or sent the system to alpine (the maker of the navigation system) and have them attempt to repair it for $158 fee. After reviewing numerous forum sites on Honda/Acura I have found this to be a very common event. I feel that this is very dangerous while driving at night. My son attempted to drive this vehicle on 12/24/2011 during the day and brought the car back home because of the flashing and annoyance while driving. This was coming from a 22 year old. I've asked my children to not drive the vehicle at night so to avoid any issues. Has there been any reports? Acura told me that they report to this Agency monthly and that my report/call to them today would be submitted this month.

- Havre De Grace, MD, USA