NHTSA — Structure Problems

2004 Acura TL (Page 3 of 9)

1.8

2004 Acura TL body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TL:

2004 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 3 of 9)

Sep 012013

TL

I have a long 5 inch crack on my dashboard that covers the airbag. It appeared out of no where and that is a well known issue that Acura is aware of but doesn't recall. It will get worse and im afraid it will affect the ability of the airbag deploying properly.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 152013

TL 6-cyl

My dashboard has developed a foot long crack on the passenger side. I have talked to Acura office and only could file the case for me. Acura needs to do something about it. Cause it's several Acura TL with the same problem not just mine. I'm a very upset owner.

- Boiling Springs, SC, USA

Sep 302010

TL

Cracks developed on dash board. Small at first but have grown over the past 2 years. I thought it was just a cosmetic problem but have read recently that this could be a safety issue with the airbags not deploying. Acura refuses to fix or remedy the problem even though I have provided appropriate care and maintenance over the years.

- Hampstead, NC, USA

Oct 022012

TL 6-cyl

My dashboard has developed several cracks. I feel that is unsafe since it has a crack on the passenger side over the air bag. Acura needs to do something about it. Cause it's several Acura TL with the same problem not just mine. I'm a very upset owner. A great engine but low quality interior since my seats have also torn.

- North Hills, CA, USA

Jan 252013

TL

My dashboard has developed a crack starting from the drivers side extending to the passenger's side without a cause. The vehicle has not been involved in a motor vehicle accident and is worrisome to me.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Mar 252013

TL

The dashboard is cracking severely on the passenger side of the vehicle. The cracks are expanding rapidly, and it looks like an outline of the airbag compartment. I'm afraid that the airbag will deploy accidentally, and/or that the pieces of the dashboard will injure someone riding on the passenger side of the front seat during an airbag deployment. My wife is scared to ride in the car now.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 112012

TL 6-cyl

My 2004 Acura dashboard cracked in several places. It is a known 2004- 2005 TL issue but there is no recall.

- Tomaball, TX, USA

Jan 282013

TL 6-cyl

Overnight my dash board has significant cracks this car has been garage kept and apparently many 04 and 05 Acura's have this issue looks terrible and dealer wants 1500 to replace I think a recall is in order from Acura/Honda I am so frustrated now... almost want to get ride of this car because of this problem don't know where to turn for help.

- Underhill, VT, USA

Jan 172013

TL 6-cyl

Upon entering my car in the driveway to go to work on January 17th 2013, I noticed that the dashboard had a crack from the windshield to the glove compartment along the passenger side air bag. This crack was not there previously. The following day, I noticed several more cracks above the gauges and around the speakers on the driver's side. The car is meticulously maintained, weather protected (garaged), and driven very few miles. This condition must be a defect in the workmanship and quality of the cars' dashboard that Acura should resolve. I have never seen another manufacturer's car have issues like this.

- New City, NY, USA

Dec 102012

TL

The entire dash of my Acura has cracked and the cracks are everywhere. Over the air bags, near the air bags....everywhere!! what is going on!?

Nov 022009

TL 6-cyl

Bought this car in the dark. Next morning I discovered the entire dash on both sides is split. I don't have another 10K to spend on a vehicle but am terrified of driving in it with my children as the airbag seems to be where the spreading started. Please help!!!!

- Olive Branch, MS, USA

May 042012

TL 6-cyl

I noticed a couple of cracks on my dash. Since I noticed them there had become additional cracks. After doing research I discovered this is a very common problem for this make and model and the cracks occur in the same spots. The biggest concern if the crack over the passenger side airbag.

- Benton, AR, USA

Jan 052011

TL 6-cyl

There was no accident or incident. I have complained about this to you over a year ago and nothing was ever resolved! our dash is cracking only where both air bags are on both the driver and passenger dash! this was not cased by anything but the manufacture. We really would like to see a recall on this. We have a 03 and 04 Acura TL. The 03 has a recall on the air bags and it doesn't even show any signs of damage. The 04 needs a recall before our airbags come out on us driving down the road, then we will sue Acura! I have pictures if you need them!

- Otto, NC, USA

Oct 122011

TL

The dash board has cracked in multiple places over the passenger air bag. If the air bag was to deploy in an accident it would shoot sharp edged pieces of plastic at the passengers resulting in injury or death. It is happening to every 2004-2008 Acura TL. Something needs to be done. Some Acura dealers are covering some of the cost but it should be a recall for consumers safety. My wife will not ride in the car and will not allow our children as well. So I have a $50,000 luxury sedan that is useless. Please help us Acura owners. Thank you

- Ama, LA, USA

Sep 032011

TL 6-cyl

Dashboard crack near airbag.

Sep 122012

TL

Got into my car and noticed my dashboard cracked in two places!! this is wrong!! Acura should take accountability for this!!!

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 242012

TL 6-cyl

My dashboard has a crack around the driver's side airbag. The car has never been hit or wrecked. This crack just appeared and the check airbag indicator is on. I've been reading on the internet that many many other owners of this car are having the same problem. I'm afraid the airbag will deploy without cause. Please check into this and let me know if there is a cause for a recall on this car. Thanks.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jul 012012

TL

There are some crack on the dash board due to bad material.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Jul 082010

TL

The interior of the car is literally falling apart. Dashboard has severe cracks throughout, cupholder cover broke, rearview mirror liquid caused vision problem, arm rest broke, and now the foot rest broke! I take care of my vehicle as attested to by the dealer. Unfortunately, not one of these problems was a surprise to the service tech!!!!

Aug 172012

TL

Small crack started at center of dashboard near the window. In 1 day it has wrapped almost completely around the drivers side of the dashboard and is nearly 2 feet long now. My 1989 Honda Accord had a better looking dash after 23 years. This is a major safety issue and needs fixed asap by Acura.

- Greensboro, NC, USA