6.3

$2,000.00

2. replace dashboard (1 reports)
2005 Acura TL accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Acura TL:

2005 Acura TL Owner Comments

Jul 022016

TL V6

Dashboard began cracking about a year ago, I read that a large number of owners were having the same problem. No one knew why. Last week my air bag light came on and stays on while in operation. I looked into this situation and I find there is a large group of owner with the same concerns. If any one out there has a fix, please let me know.

- , New Freedom, PA, USA

Mar 012014

TL NAV 3.2L V6

This is an addition to my original complaint - now the passenger airbag light has been going off/on now for some months when seat is unoccupied. My original complaint was in "interior" section of complaints but I see that most people were posting here in miscellaneous. My local dealer would not fix back in 2014 and wanted $2000 to replace. Supposedly the service manager at the time was going to escalate the issue but we never heard back from him. Original complaint below...

Car has been garage-kept only - dealer wants a fortune to fix and the cracks started in the passenger airbag location of the dash and have spread from there. There has always been a faint line around passenger airbag since I bought the car but dealer said nothing to worry about - the car was bought in 2006 (it is a 2005 TL) and has only been parked in garage - In light of the latest airbag recalls announced, this issue is troubling since it is my wife's car (along with her service dog).

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 032014

TL TL 3.2L V6

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard

The began on the left side of the passenger air bag. A couple months later, another crack started on the opposite side of the same airbag. To date, the crack has extends from the glove box to the windshield.

I'm the original owner, garage kept, well maintained and follow preventative maintenance procedures.

It's been noted the crack does expand and contract per the change of seasons. IMO the manufacture should take responsibility and stand behind there product problem. This is no fault of the owner nor neglect of routine maintenance. This is our second consecutive purchase of a TL, the 2002 TLS hand no such problems as experience with the 2005 model. Sorry to inform Acura, but the quality of this presently owned 2005 TL is discouraging me to the point we are leaning towards not purchasing another Acura and possibly any Honda automobiles. Do not feel the product justifies the price.

- , Port Orange, FL, USA

Mar 012014

TL NAV 3.2L V6

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 032014

TL V6

Discovered a large crack in the dashboard near the passenger airbag. Just like the folks who have complained about this issue before me, my car is garage kept at home and at work. I was shocked to have this happen to my TL regardless of the age of the car. Does anyone know of a way to repair this problem without replacing the entire dashboard?

- , Gainesville, FL, USA

Aug 012013

TL 3.2L V6

I truly do not think that a car of this level of quality should be experiencing this sort of problem. Considered a luxury brand with a price tog to match, Acura has a reputation to uphold here. I have never owned a car that had the dash crack like this. my car has roughly 120000 miles and has been well taken care of as I am the original owner. I have researched this problem and it appears that Acura is not owning up to the issue here; that they have a defective part in their car.

- , Ormond Beach, FL, USA