2005 Acura TL seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Acura TL:

2005 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jun 062014

TL

Dash board began to crack alongside the right of the passenger dash airbag. The passenger side dash airbag is increasingly noticeable. Since June of 2014, the entire dashboard has continued to crack and is now significantly damaged due to the continuation of cracking that has evolved from the initial crack along side the airbag. Fayetteville, Arkansas Acura service department insists that there is not an issue with the model & that the airbag/dash damage is not the responsibility of the vehicle manufactures to replace & that there has not been a recall issued for my make/model/year nor VIN #.

- Fayetteville, AR, USA

Dec 162016

TL

Necesito saber si esta O no reportado como robado para comprarlo

- Meridan, CT, USA

Jan 012015

TL

2005 Acura TL purchased with only 88,000 miles in above excellent (purchased from a Porsche mechanic) condition. The dash over the passenger side airbag started cracking around 100,000 miles and after reading all of the 'Acura forums' have discovered this is more than common with Acura owners around the U.S.a. dash cracks anywhere near an airbag are more than alarming.

- Hoover, AL, USA

Jul 012014

TL

My 2005 Acura TL started getting a crack in the dashboard on the passenger side, exactly on the outline on one side of the airbag. It spread to the complete length of the left outline/seam of the airbag within 2 days. Two weeks later a cracke appeared on the right side of the airbag(along the seam). Now there is another huge crack going across the width of the passenger airbag. It is practically about to burst open. I am so afraid the airbag is going to deploy for no reason. I believe it is a major defect that is a major health hazard that could potentially injure or kill the passenger. I really need Acura to fix this defect. I have read many other reports of this same problem with the same make model & year. There needs to be a safety recall!

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Aug 062016

TL

Takata recall my dash on the passenger side cracked and now another crack is starting for no reason. I have always taken great care of my car and did not do anything to cause it to crack and the airbag light started coming on and doesn't go off. I looked it up by VIN number and didn't see a recall but saw other complaints just like this has happened.

- Griffin, GA, USA

Oct 012016

TL

Known issue with no official recall. Dash board cracks directly above airbag. Started with on large crack and now there are two above airbag. I have 3 coworkers all with Acura TL's from 04-06 years all with the same cracks. Dealer is making drivers responsible to replace with no guarantee it won't happen again. There are numerous online forums and facebook page just regards to this issue. Should be a recall.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 012015

TL

To whom it may concern, I purchased 2005 Acura TL at paragon Acura in queens, New York. That time when I purchased this car was brand new car. Just happened last year the dashboard started to crack. Beside all over near the dashboard and nears to the airbags. This is very dangerous and serious stuff and will caused accident this is the second time I contacted National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regarding this issues. Please note that I also own a 2006 Honda Odyssey and this car the dashboard were fine as new. I'm so disappointed, I thought Acura should be better than Honda. Please let me know is dashboard can be replaced with no charge or recall please see attached photo again regards, tat lam 718-986-6010 tsl2277@gmail.com

- Oakland Gardens, NY, USA

May 012015

TL

My 2005 Acura TL dashboard cracks so many places.. especially passenger side of dashboard. This is very dangerous if the airbag pop out while you're driving the road. I purchased this car brand new at paragon Acura, woodside, N.Y I hope this is recall. Please see attached photo. My name: Tat lam phone: 718-986-6010 email: Tsl2277@gmail.com

- Oakland Gardens, NY, USA

Jun 012016

TL

My 2005 Acura TL is developing cracks in the dashboard. One of the cracks of major concern is the one that is forming along the right-hand side of the passenger airbag. I am afraid that the crack will cause the airbag to malfunction! the bag may deploy suddenly while driving, it may deploy upwards rather than forwards; it may cause the dash to crack further and spray the passenger compartment with dash shrapnel, or the cracks themselves my puncture the airbag - each causing a great safety concern including death or severe injury. The airbag light started to appear intermittently after the cracked formed around the airbag. I am afraid to fill the crack as that may also affect the airbag and safety of the vehicle. This problem is so widespread that social media groups have been formed - such as on facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/acuratldefectivedash/posts/219662424726766 ). it seems to affect many of the Acura TL models 2004-2008. The company should take responsibility and create a recall due to safety concerns for their passengers.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jun 012016

TL

Dashboard is cracked in two places. One crack is right above the airbag. Not sure if it could cause the airbag to deploy? I have read that this is a problem with a lot of Acura.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Jul 022016

TL

A year ago my dashboard began to crack for no apparent reason, last week my airbag light went on and stays on. Research show that a large number of people have the same problem.

- New Freedom, PA, USA

Aug 102015

TL

My 2005 Acura TL has developed a significant dashboard crack along the perimeter of the passenger side airbag location. This is a well known issue posted on many internet sites including many reports on facebook community: Https://www.facebook.com/acuratldefectivedash/posts/219662424726766? additionally, many others have submitted complaints to NHTSA expressing their safety concerns. Since the time of the crack the airbag light will alarm. The dashboard crack is sharp and jagged edged. If the airbag is deployed the cracked dash will likely interfere in the airbag's trajectory and/or possible gash the airbag. In addition the cracked dash may spray pieces into the occupancy area. I am sure Acura has not tested airbag deployment safety with a crack dashboard. The NHTSA needs to investigate this broad problem on 3rd generation Acura Tls (2004-2008), as Acura will not address or even acknowledge this safety issue. I strongly encourage the NHTSA to follow-thru with an investigation. We do not need anyone being seriously injured due to these crack dashboards undergoing force of an airbag deployment. I am attaching a photo of my cracked dash. Original crack was ~3 inches, now the crack is 8-9". the crack continues to grow which amplifies the safety concerns. Also attaching a photo compiled of other 3rd generation Acura Tls with same issue. Many photos are on the internet.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Mar 012013

TL

Dashboard cracked in several spots. I have read that many complaints has been filed on this particular year, make, and model of car and nothing has been done to resolve this issue.

- Vernon, FL, USA

Oct 012014

TL

Takata airbags? dashboard on passenger side is cracked and has become to increase in size. Fear that this may cause airbag "takata" to explode. Airbag light on driverside randomly comes on and will stay on while driving or parked. Fear that airbag light may be an indicator of front airbags may go wrong. Over time the dashboard cracks have increased in size.

- Ruskin, FL, USA

Jan 012015

TL

Takata recall? airbag light comes on periodically while stationary and while in motion. There are cracks in passenger side dashboard above the airbag. The cracks started appearing over a year ago, but they are expanding.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 012016

TL

There is a long split right along the side of where the airbag sits on the passanger side. This concerns me being right over the airbag. Looking online there is a facebook page with countless concerns of others with cracked dashboards in the same location. This cracking concerns me that the airbag might inflate while driving or not inflate correctly if in an accident. My fear is if I fill the crack that this also might impact how the airbag works. This should not happen with a luxury car and apparently this is happening in tons of cars from 2004 - 2008 that I've read about. I recently noticed this, but looking at the size of the crack it has likely been there for awhile and I didn't notice it. When the car heats up the crack isn't visible.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 012015

TL

I have. Noticed large cracks on top of the dash, some where my airbags are. What if the deploy? these cracks came out of nowhere and I feel they are hazardous to my airbags if they deploy

- Wilmer, TX, USA

Feb 012015

TL

This Acura TL has been well cared for. The dashboard has over the last year developed several deep cracks over the passenger airbag area and throughout the entire dash now. It starts from the windshield and cracks all the way to the front of dash. Very concerned if airbag would be effected or even deploy properly. Also if pieces of this rigid dashboard would hurt the driver or passengers in front seat if in a accident.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Apr 052016

TL

Four weeks ago, my dash all of the sudden got 2 large cracks. This car is garaged, and when parked outside at work, ad window shades to protect the dash and keep the front seats and steering wheel cool. My car was parked in the garage, and when I got it in, the cracks were there.

- Phillips Ranch, CA, USA

Oct 012015

TL

Crack has appeared on dashboard passenger side over air bag area. Vehicle was stationary. Safety concern with airbag

- Sarasota, FL, USA