NHTSA — Power Train Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

2.2

2008 Acura TL drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura TL:

2008 Acura TL Owner Comments

Dec 232013

TL

My 2008 Acura TL continues to display a "tighten fuel cap" warning light. I've replaced the fuel cap, but it continues to display this light. It is very annoying, and I've been reading other complaints online. My car is not the only one with this problem. I also had to replace my front motor mount and transmission.

- Flowery Branch, GA, USA

Dec 202013

TL 6-cyl

Transmission shifting gear gets stuck in neutral and it takes many attempts to shift gear when it happens. It is occurring more frequently lately almost on a daily basis. Gear gets stuck so bad it is close to impossible to move it into drive or parking position. I've had other vehicles in the past, older than this one, yet never experienced anything like this with either one of them. This is dangerous because the car can stall in traffic and can get hit by another vehicle while I'm trying to shift into gear.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA