NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2013 Acura TL lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura TL:

2013 Acura TL Owner Comments

Oct 052013

TL 6-cyl

My vehicle is equipped with hid headlights for the low beams, and halogen headlights for high beams. I have observed that when the low beams are on, the forward illumination cast by the headlights is negligible. When driving and using the highway's dividing lines as a point of reference, my car only illuminates about two "dashes" in front of the car, which is a serious safety concern. I have measured the illumination when my car is parked on a flat surface, and the lights only shine approximately 52 feet in front of the car. My understanding is that low beams should typically shine at least 160 feet in front of the car. Furthermore, I have taken my car back to the Acura dealership's service department twice since I bought the car on 3/31/13 and have complained about the headlights, and they have checked them and said everything is fine. I am somewhat concerned that the Acura service department may not be able to properly check for forward illumination on headlamps; however, I have serious concerns that other Acura TL 2013 owners may be in a similar situation and this lack of visibility could result in accidents, injuries, or deaths. Please help!

- Marshville, NC, USA