NHTSA — Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly Problems

2014 Acura TL accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura TL:

2014 Acura TL Owner Comments

Mar 312014

I was driving my new car Acura TL sh AWD (6 days old) on the freeway traveling at approximately 60 mph on a sunny day out in the open with no cars in front or along side me, and I heard what sounded like a gun shot. I realized that my sunroof had exploded. I had the sun shade open and a few pieces of glass were on me and the passenger seat. There were also a few pieces in the passenger seat, on me and in the back seat, but most of the glass was blown upward and out of the car. There were nicks in the paint, in two lines on the roof and on the trunk. Some of the pieces inside the car were very small, but some were 3" to 4" in length. Acura says it must have been a rock and will not cover it under warranty. Some of the remaining glass in the sunroof (approximately 15%) was pointed in an upward direction. There is no evidence to suggest a rock hit it. This is my fifth Acura and probably my last.

- Toledo, OH, USA