NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: 2015 Acura TLX owners just want a transmission that can get from 1st to 5th gear without feeling like a washing machine full of bricks. A class-action lawsuit wants answers for why the car’s transmission jerks and hesitates just months after the transmissions were recalled and replaced for not being able to shift into park.

2015 Acura TLX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura TLX:

2015 Acura TLX Owner Comments

Feb 222016

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. While driving various speeds, the brakes failed when the brake pedal was depressed. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle crashed into a pole. The air bags did not deploy. The contact was able to drive the vehicle from the crash site. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 6,000. The VIN was not available.

- Cliffside Park, NJ, USA

Jun 062016

2 different times while driving I75( 30-45mph heavy traffic) and then I16 (55 -60 mph rush hour traffic) the car stalls all lights flash off then back on and dashboard lights up first saying breaks the transmission, stability control. First time tech said fluke low voltage, second said car down shifts to 4th gear and gets stuck.

- Savannah, GA, USA

May 132016

I have a 2015 Acura Tlx 4cyl. It is a very nice looking car however there is something wrong with the transmission. I have taken it into the Acura dealership and they have confirmed that there is something wrong however they are not sure what. All they tell me is that there are no codes coming up telling them what it is. They just tell me that everything is documented so if and when there is a recall I have proof that it has been ongoing. When you are stopped and then proceed to go the car will jerk and hesitate to shift to next gear. This can happen while you are driving also, if you have to brake and then start again. Its very upsetting I have owned Acura before, the Acura TL and the Acura integra, both cars had a high performance. This car not so much. When is Acura going to do something about this?? there hasn't been just one episode this is an everyday occurrence.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 142015

The contact owned a 2015 Acura Tlx. While driving 50 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle became difficult to stop. The contact's vehicle crashed into the rear of another vehicle, flipped over, and rolled until it stopped. The air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The driver sustained injuries and was transported to the emergency room. The contact sustained injuries to the back, face, and both knees. The vehicle was towed and destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,625. Updated 05/17/16

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Mar 162016

The original failure was scary. We had just left Texas hwy 130 (80 mph toll way), when we sustained the original failure. As it failed, everybody in the car thought I had slammed on the brakes by the way the car buckled (like a bucking horse), it had done a violent sudden stop and release; the car went to idle and coasted for a bit without response from the engine; I studied the panel because everything was lit up; once I decided the engine was still idling, I pressed the accelerator slowly until I decided I had some control; checked the failure messages; then tried to drive the car. The car could be driven, I drove it slowly with the hazard lights on, the car buckled every so often. Since we were close to home we went there. Had this happened at 80 mph, I don't know what would have happened.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 222015

After a minor fender bender, the vehicle became completely disabled and blocked four (4) lanes of traffic for almost four (4) hours. The driver-side knee airbag deployed and several sensors/relays became inoperable and the car reported a braking system failure that rendered the car immobile. The tires locked up and the vehicle subsequently had to be dragged onto a flatbed tow truck. Additionally, the acuralink service did not contact me until 90+ minutes later and the assist/sos button fell off of the car before I could engage it. While making a left turn, the front end of my car was sideswiped. My vehicle immediately became immobilized with the brakes fully engaged on all four (4) tires. The accident happened on a four (4) lane city street. My car came to rest in a parallel position blocking all four (4) lanes.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 012014

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that while driving, the collision mitigation braking system (cmbs) failed. The contact stated that seat belt pretension which was a feature of the collision mitigation braking system failed to engage. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact was informed by the dealer that the system was functioning as designed. The contact also stated that the forward collision warning system with pedestrian detection functioned as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000. Updated 2/4/16

- Holtsville, NY, USA

Oct 072015

I was stopped close to mailbox for my rental home and had the engine running, brake hold was on and when I unbuckled the car automatically engaged the parking brake without shifting the gear to park. I got out of the car, took the key, collected the mail and got back in. The problem appeared when I got back in. I managed to engage the car into drive mode, but seems like the parking brake did not completely disengage. The vehicle started to move in jerks and spurts as if the drive was happening with the parking brake still engaged. The foot brake wouldn't work and it was a really scary moment for me, but thankfully was able to shift the gear back to park mode. I turned off the engine and the system reset itself. For a while I didn't know what to do as the vehicle was moving but couldn't apply the foot brake at all. It could have been catastrophic under different circumstances. I am not sure how to approach Acura or the dealer with this problem and how to have them inspect it. I am not even sure if they will agree to inspect it for safety issues.

- North Potomac, MD, USA

Sep 192014

TLX 6-cyl

When driving at approximately 40 mph the car suddenly accelerates. I first noticed problem when coasting downhill, but now occurs on level highway also. Also there are periods when one tries to accelerate from a stop or from reverse to drive that the transmission hesitates before shifting into gear. At that point the engine has revved up causing the car to lurch forward when the gear does engage. Additionally even after a recall, the parking gear slips allowing the car to roll down hill. These problems have resulted in near accidents. Updated 11/18/15

- Swan Lake, NY, USA

Nov 282014

(1) when at a complete stop with foot on the brake, it feels like someone is bumping the car from behind to make it go forward. (2) the car is cold with the temperate at 70 degrees and on auto - dealer suggested manually change the temperature to 85 degrees - car will become very uncomfortable. Have to manually keep changing the temperature every 10 minutes to make car comfortable.

- Bronx, NY, USA