NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: 2015 Acura TLX owners just want a transmission that can get from 1st to 5th gear without feeling like a washing machine full of bricks. A class-action lawsuit wants answers for why the car’s transmission jerks and hesitates just months after the transmissions were recalled and replaced for not being able to shift into park.

7.9

2015 Acura TLX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura TLX:

2015 Acura TLX Owner Comments

Nov 042016

TLX

My name is pouyan tabrizi, in 2014 I walked into marin Acura (located in marin, California) and leased a 2015 Acura Tlx. This was especially an exciting model due to it redesign. Within the first year of my lease I received a recall letter in the mail stating that their was a defect in regards to the transmission. I brought the vehicle to the dealer and they ¿fixed¿ it and sent me on my way. One year later, again, I received a letter in the mail from the automobile devision located at your corporate headquarters at 1919 torrance blvd, ca (NHTSA recall # 16V-640). The letter clearly states ¿if this malfunction were to occur, it could result in an unexpected loss of motor power, which could reduce vehicle control and increases the risk of a crash¿. it also states that the ¿fix¿ will become available December 2016, todays date is November 7th, 2016. I have been driving this vehicle for 2 out of my 3 year lease and the transmission has been recalled twice consistently every year. I have put my two children and wife into this vehicle now knowing that the car could have possibly put my family and myself in physical danger and even death. Not because driving is dangerous but because there have been manufacturing defects with the transmission of this Acura model and year. I cannot describe what it feels like to have that on the mind of a parent. I see this being handled in one way. Acura takes away the car and refunds me my total vehicle lease investment along with my down payment. Please take this matter into serious consideration as I am fully prepared to legally escalate this matter beyond the consumer-company level. I can¿T imagine how many Acura 2015 Tlx's there are nation wide. This experience has been a disaster financially, emotionally and according to Acura potentially physically.

- El Cerrito, CA, USA

Mar 162016

TLX

The original failure was scary. We had just left Texas hwy 130 (80 mph toll way), when we sustained the original failure. As it failed, everybody in the car thought I had slammed on the brakes by the way the car buckled (like a bucking horse), it had done a violent sudden stop and release; the car went to idle and coasted for a bit without response from the engine; I studied the panel because everything was lit up; once I decided the engine was still idling, I pressed the accelerator slowly until I decided I had some control; checked the failure messages; then tried to drive the car. The car could be driven, I drove it slowly with the hazard lights on, the car buckled every so often. Since we were close to home we went there. Had this happened at 80 mph, I don't know what would have happened.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 062015

TLX

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked and hesitated. The failure occurred at speeds from 0 to 40 mph. The failure occurred without warning. In addition, the park lock did not engage. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed a software update. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was brought to the dealer twice more and was repaired with the software update again, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 14V779000 (power train). The failure mileage was 10,800.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Apr 082015

TLX

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced abnormal jerking between gears, abnormal acceleration when starting, and abnormal shifting while driving 45 mph. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission fluid needed to be replaced and the shift point software needed to be updated. The vehicle was repaired but after 500 miles, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,500.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Mar 192015

TLX

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced independent acceleration, deceleration, jerking, and abnormal noises. In addition, the vehicle failed to start on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed a software update and torque converter replacement. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 200.

- Bridgeport, CT, USA

Sep 162014

TLX

The safety incident(s) to be reported: 1) vehicle seemed to jump into neutral when decelerating almost to a stop (e.g. to make a turn) resulting in the engine revving and no power when the accelerator is pressed. Tach did not move and the transmission display still reads D. this left me in the middle of an intersection with no power being delivered to the wheels. There was no oncoming traffic. Unfortunately this has happened repeatedly when the engine is cold. So far there have been no accidents. Each of the following safety problems are also ongoing: 2) intermittent and variable duration hesitation from a stopped position (or slowed down to around 10mph or less and then accelerating) makes it dangerous to turn swiftly across oncoming traffic. 3) intermittent and variable duration slipping when trying to accelerate from a slow (10mph or less) coast makes it dangerous to perform any maneuver that requires a swift and reliable response from the transmission. 4) intermittent and variable duration revving between gears when kicking down to try to pass another vehicle makes such maneuvers risky.

- Portland, OR, USA

Nov 192014

TLX

I was accelerating from 40 mph to 50 mph when the car suddenly stopped accelerating, beeped, and started flashing all system errors in orange on the dash display. The car would not go above 50 mph, as if the gas was being choked off at that point. Car was towed to dealer. They had the car for a week before it was "fixed". the exact same error just occurred for a second time while I was accelerating and merging into a busy highway lane. Car is again at the dealer for almost a week and counting. While it hasn't caused an accident yet, this is extremely dangerous. I was nearly rear-ended when my car stopped accelerating and started decelerating on a busy highway. In between these occurrences, I have had other random errors, such as the lane departure warning system activating while driving straight down the center of a lane. When this occurs, the steering wheel is "tugged" towards the direction it thinks it needs you to go. Very dangerous when the car is trying to tug you out of your lane into another. The random errors that occur are all with the same systems that flash error warnings all over the dash on the two occasions that the car has stopped functioning properly. Ldw, acc, braking system, vsc...all important safety systems!

- Anthem , AZ, USA

Jan 132015

TLX

There was no accident. This car is the 4 cylinder, tech model. The transmission hesitates shifting from reverse to drive. It also will hesitate when turning a corner sometimes. The other problem with this car is the climate control system (listed as electrical above). It simply doesn't work correctly. The driver side tested 8 degrees different than the passenger side. So if I have the drive side set at 75 degrees for heat it feels like 68 degrees. When on the heat setting, the fan appears to disperse more out of the defroster than it does below the dash. I have to turn the car climate control setting on the driver side to 80+ degrees and use the ac dash vents to keep my upper body and hands warm. There are many complaints on the Acura Tlx forum about the climate control issue. I have made attempts to get Acura to address the heater climate control issue.

- Bedford, TX, USA