NHTSA — Air Bags Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: 2015 Acura TLX owners just want a transmission that can get from 1st to 5th gear without feeling like a washing machine full of bricks. A class-action lawsuit wants answers for why the car’s transmission jerks and hesitates just months after the transmissions were recalled and replaced for not being able to shift into park.

2015 Acura TLX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura TLX:

2015 Acura TLX Owner Comments

Feb 122016

Takata recall: I received a safety recall letter from Acura automobile division dated March 2016. I was on vacation when the letter was mailed. Upon returing home and reading this recall notice I called Acura clients relations on March 24, 2016. They told me to call the dealer service manger where I purchase my car. I went to the dealer on March 30, 2016. I had to sign Acura takata airbag inflator replacement vehicle retention/storage owner indemnification agreement. I was given a purchase to take to enterprise car rental for a rental card. I was given a Ford Focus until the summer of 2016 while my brand new Acura is parked in my drive way since March 2016 while I am making a $398 monthly car payment on a brand new Acura ilx that I cannot drive until mid or late summer of 2016. I think my car payments should be reimbursed from the date of the recall notice until parts become available for repairs and my car is repaired and safety to drive again. If I want to drive a Ford Focus in the first place. At least Acura could have provided a car in the same class as my Acura ilx 2015. I have always driven a Honda or Acura vehicle and I have been driving oven 30 years. I am very unhappy that I have to pay a monthly car payment on a car that I can not drive. Unhappy Acura customer mem

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Oct 222015

After a minor fender bender, the vehicle became completely disabled and blocked four (4) lanes of traffic for almost four (4) hours. The driver-side knee airbag deployed and several sensors/relays became inoperable and the car reported a braking system failure that rendered the car immobile. The tires locked up and the vehicle subsequently had to be dragged onto a flatbed tow truck. Additionally, the acuralink service did not contact me until 90+ minutes later and the assist/sos button fell off of the car before I could engage it. While making a left turn, the front end of my car was sideswiped. My vehicle immediately became immobilized with the brakes fully engaged on all four (4) tires. The accident happened on a four (4) lane city street. My car came to rest in a parallel position blocking all four (4) lanes.

- Atlanta, GA, USA