NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

1.7

2004 Acura TSX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TSX:

2004 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Aug 162016

TSX

Was driving and service engine light came on and engine shut off, had to coast to side of 4 lane road, and won't restart, had towed to big al's @ 1408 N george Washington hwy. Chesapeake, va. 23323. Phone # (757)485-9117. Mechanic vinney did several test, and reported it was the ECM unit or housing was bad and made a copy of the recall on 2004-2008 Acura Tsx, since it was what the codes indicated. Acura manufacturing said this car is not on recall, the car did just cut off, just as on NHTSA campaign # 13V093000. Would like to see if it is related to recall.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 092014

TSX

It was 930 at night I was driving my car home to drop off going on vacation..my car started stalling out and all lights went out.. as I brake my car jumped 3 to 5 feet.. it was like the brakes surged.. lights flashing.. very dangerous because if I would of been on my way to work on freeway I could of been in a dangerous accident.. the car did not stop when applied the brake instead it acted like I was pushing the accelerator... I had to shut car out put in neutral and have it pushed in my garage to prevent going through wall... I never heard of a alternator doing this.. my car was just at dealership aprox 3 wks before that for a recall.. (stalling ) they said it was not related to that...

- Moore, OK, USA