NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

1.6

2006 Acura TSX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura TSX:

2006 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Apr 162016

TSX

First off I am unable to lock and unlock my passenger door using the switches or the remote key fob on my 2006 Acura Tsx. After researching on the nets I see that this doesn't just apply to me and that this is an issue others have had. The dealer stated it is the actuator. Secondly I am having an issue with what the dealer service stated is a rack in pinion issue. They say it needs to be replaced due to power steering seeping/leaking and that this would be the reason for steering problems. Again on NHTSA this seems to be an issue with this model year. I notice vibration and slight pulling to right when driving and drops of lubricant in my garage. When I reach excess speeds of 55 I have the pulling and vibration. I now mainly take side streets due to the hazard and no funds to fix this issue.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Mar 032016

TSX

The contact owns a 2006 Acura Tsx. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the power steering pump around the hoses leaked all over the alternator and caused it to fail. The power steering pump and alternator were replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 144,000.

- Monks Corner, SC, USA

May 312009

TSX 4-cyl

This 06 Acura Tsx car has a problem with the interior lighting above the rear view mirror, not working properly. Lights will not work most of the time but will come on, on their own uncommaneded and drain your car battery.this push for on lights cannot be determined if they are commanded on or off. I know two more cars years 04 to 06 with this same problem.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Jul 182006

TSX 4-cyl

1st incident: The front brakes went out. I had them checked twice before the dealer replaced them. They reported they were low but blamed it on me. I complained in the beginning when I couldn't stop, and skid into intersections at red lights some times barely missing the cars in front of me. The dealers all said it was the way I was driving the car. I haven't driven this car any different from my previous cars that didn't have ABS. I've owned several new cars so I think I know how to drive a car properly by now. I've never worn down any brakes in my car inside of a few months of ownership. I have replaced front brakes on many of my cars once a year which is normal. This one shouldn't have been any different. There was clearly a problem with them in the beginning. 2nd incident: The engine light was coming on for no reason at 20,000 miles. The car didn't need to be serviced but the dealer was unable to determine why it was coming on. 3rd incident: The battery failed twice in one year. I owned a Mazda that the battery failed on and it only happened once. I owned that car 5 years and never had another problem with it after that. I find this odd that the battery failed twice. 4th incident: Some times the car didn't start, there was nothing wrong with the alternator or starter. I assumed it was the battery again. When it was running it would hesitate to move or would jerk while in motion. 5th incident: The driver seat belt would constantly jam preventing me from putting it on or adjusting it while on. While I was driving it would get so tight that I couldn't release it no matter what I did. I had to pull over and take it off in order to release the taught pull across my chest. I had to struggle with it for several minutes to get it on every day. This was from inception of ownership until I finally had it repaired not realizing it was faulty. Every other problem I have had over the years was not safety related that I'm aware of, and I've had many others since. Updated 06/07/10

- Irvine, CA, USA