5.6

2009 Acura TSX accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Acura TSX:

2009 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Jun 052010

TSX

This is in reference to a 2009 Acura Tsx w/technology package. I understand that the radio system wouldn't normally be considered as part of a safety issue, but the loudness and severity of noise during the event could startle someone to erratic steering momentarily. I was driving down the interstate last Saturday, 05 June 2010, when a call came in to my phone (hands-free link) the radion began to mute and then the radio began screeching at very high volume. I could not turn it off by pressing the on/off button on the radio and I could not decrease the volume. I had to pull over immediately and turn the motor off. Once off, I restarted the car and tried to initiate a hands-free call and the same thing happened again. And again, I had to turn the car off to stop the noise. I can't imagine what sort of damage this might have done to the speakers or radio/amplifier. I called the dealer today and the service advisor said he had heard nothing about such a problem, but would check into data bases and get back with me. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

- Chesapeake, VA, USA