5.2

2011 Acura TSX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Acura TSX:

2011 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Jan 012016

TSX

In freezing temperatures, my car has an extremely hard brake petal (it seems like there is no power assist)and will not stop the car. As soon as car warms up the brake petal feel comes back and braking returns to normal. I have had this happen 3 times during the dead freezing cold temperatures and went to apply my brakes and I had nothing to stop my car. I was able at each one of those moments in time to move to another lane to avoid hitting a car in front of me. It was very scary to have this happen, and it made me park my car that I paid over 20K in the garage of my home until the warmer weather hit new england. I couldn't of been more angry as I bought the car to drive year round. I contacted Acura of auburn to file complaint to try to find parts to repair this, and they were not able to locate these parts and were of no help at all. This particular issue should be on a recall list of repairs to be done. This is a safety problem and should be addressed accordingly. I have researched this online and have read other owners complaints of the same make and model and they have received no remedy to this issue as well. They were not as fortunate as I was to be able to avoid an accident as they had photos of their vehicles involved in an acccident situation due to this braking problem. I hope this is looked at and a remedy to this situation is offered to all Acura owners dealing with the same issue as myself by the winter months.

- Ludlow, MA, USA

Feb 142016

TSX

On three occasions 2011 Acura Tsx breaks have failed while driving, causing me to have to use my emergency break in order to avoid accident. I attempted to slow down while going off the highway exit and pushed on breaks only to find the break pedal was extremely stiff and would not move no matter how hard I pushed on it... after few minutes, the breaks started working normally. The vehicle was pre-warmed for at least 15 min before driving every time. The weather temperatures on all three occasions were below 10 degrees F.there are multiple Acura's owners already experiencing this horrific issue. Acura needs to acknowledge this problem and issue a recall on these vehicles asap. What prove do you need" you want to wait until people start getting into accidents and dye because of brake failure in their cars" this is unacceptable! please issue a recall on Acura vehicles.

- New Britain, CT, USA