2.9

2012 Acura TSX steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura TSX:

2012 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Nov 092016

TSX

Eps (electric power steering) light come on while driving and lock steering. Error code: 32-09. Eps light will turn off after restart engine but will come on again and lock steering again while the vehicle is moving. I brought my car to local shop to run diagnostic and they suggest that this is bad manufacture issue and suggest to contact Acura to fix it under its warranty. I have call Acura dealer and they said they are not cover it and I have to paid to get it fix. It is a really dangerous problem and can cause major accident if it was turning and eps light on and lock my steering wheel. I attached receipt report from auto shop. Thanks

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 172016

TSX

My 14 year old daughter, who's learning to drive was behind the wheel when the car steering wheel locked up and wouldn't allow her to turn the vehicle. Luckily we hadn't approached the highway yet or who knows what would have happened while driving on the highway. We were backing out of our driveway and she said the wheel felt funny. We were a mile from our home entering a round and heading onto the highway when she said the wheel wouldn't turn and she panicked. I grabbed the wheel and it wouldn't budge. We came to a complete stop in the round about and thank god no one was entering or exiting it. I had to shut the car off after she stopped the car that was sideways in the street.

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Aug 062015

TSX

Upon starting vehicle I noticed intermittent "check power steering system". during drive cycle I encountered failure of electric power steering assist, very difficult to steer vehicle. Went to dealer for service, they witnessed same symptoms stated above, but intermittent check light will not produce a fault code, technician stated it seems like a ground problem. Unable to drive vehicle due to unsafe condition, very difficult to steer, would not be able to avoid an emergency while driving because of the amount of force needed to steer vehicle.

- Oceanside, CA, USA