2004 Audi A3 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A3:

2004 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Nov 072003

A3 4-cyl

Gentlemen, purchase a new 2004 Audi A4, drove off the lot and traveled approximately 3 blocks before the right rear tire blew out! turns out a flat 3" piece of metal completely pierced through the tire and wheel! this car was ordered with a 18" wheel and tire package called the "ultra sport package." Audi customer service was not interested in looking into this unusual occurrence beyond talking to the dealers service manager. I explained to them that I have been in the auto business for many years and have never seen such unusual wheel damage. I have since found out that I am the second person with nearly identical wheel failure at the same dealership! I contacted Audi again and informed them of my findings. They still showed no interest. I informed Audi's representative that I would be contacting your department and ended the conversation. It is my believe that the 18" wheels on my car are unsafe and do not meet federal impact standards. The dealership employee who informed me of the "other person's wheel issue" will not come forward for fear of loosing his job. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

- Holland, PA, USA