2.2

2006 Audi A3 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Audi A3:

2006 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Aug 022016

A3

2nd time this has happened in just a few days. I want to start documenting every time this has happened. I was pulling into fast moving traffic from a side street. I was making a left hand turn and the car hesitated putting me into the way of on coming traffic at 50 mph. This was very dangerous because I was accelerating trying to reach 50 mph could have been rear ended only going about 10 mph.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 282016

A3

From a stopped position on a side street in a left hand turn lane I stepped on the gas pedal and the car started to move then immediately had a loss of power in making a left hand turn onto a major street. The car lurched forward then hesitated. It is really dangerous because it can surprise people and cause cars to crash into me. It has done this a few other times. I feel given the right circumstances this could cause an accident.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 092012

A3 4-cyl

Driving on the freeway back to the hotel in las vegas from the West rim of the grand canyon, 100+ deg outside temp. Sudden fuel cut off/loss power for about 1 sec. Took it the dealership and the in tank fuel pump/control module failed thus cut off sending fuel to the engine. Upon picking my vehicle the service advisor commented that several cars from California with cooler temperatures have had experienced this issue. This put me and my family in a very dangerous situation and compromised our safety. I've done some research and found out problem occurred on same year has my vehicle.

- Vallejo, CA, USA