2008 Audi A3 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi A3:

2008 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Feb 292016

A3

Takata recall. Been waiting 8 months for this part to be replaced and I want to know when it will be available?

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Apr 152016

A3

Takata recall: I received the attached notice from Audi of America, Inc., dated April 2016, and stating that my vehicle contains a takata frontal airbag inflator that "could potentially rupture if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the frontal airbags are designed to deploy. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, which may result in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants." The notice states that replacement parts are not available. I recently serviced my car, and again the dealer informed me that replacement parts are not available. I called Audi usa today and they said that takata has not made replacement parts available at this time and they have no timeline for supplying the parts. I am deeply concerned that a critical piece of safety equipment in my vehicle could itself cause me or my passengers "serious injury or death." I would appreciate it if someone would please advise when these replacement parts will be made available for this critical repair. Thank you.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Sep 122016

A3

When asking for a recall repair to the dealership, this is the message I received: Good afternoon, "we received your inquiry to setup an appointment for your Audi A3 for the airbag campaign. Unfortunately, parts are not yet available for us to do the repair. You will be receiving a second letter from Audi sometime first quarter of next year on when the repairs can be done. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thanks, " is this an acceptable answer? I don't think so.

- San Ysidro, CA, USA

Apr 052016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V079000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Fransisco, CA, USA

Sep 222016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Audi A3. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TN, USA

Aug 142016

A3

Takata recall. When will this be addressed for my vehicle?

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Apr 042016

A3 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Audi A3. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect....updated 10/11/16 updated 10/13/16.

- Hartly, DE, USA

May 012016

A3

Takata air bag communication from Audi indicates a recall is in progress but according to their website there are no replacement parts, or schedule date to make repairs to the car. They should make an arrangement for alternative transportation while sorting out the issue. This is ridiculous, and dangerous. Who wants to use a dangerous car?

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Nov 142014

A3 4-cyl

Was coming from work just had gotten on the interstate. My speed was 75 miles a hour a dear hit my car that knocked the dear around 20 feet away from the accident. It pushed the radiator into the motor and all was pushed into the front tire. Tore the mirror from the drivers door damage all down the drivers side. No more headlights on the driver side all was gone. Now the question is why didn't the airbag work " it didn't deploy with this impact so what has to happened for the airbags to work "...updated 12/11/14

- Old Fort , TN, USA