2009 Audi A3 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Audi A3:

2009 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Nov 132009

I have an 2009 Audi A3 2.0T with an automatic transmission. After about 20-30 minutes of driving the care the transmission starts exhibiting strange behavior. After coming to a full stop the car lurches forward after letting the foot off the brake. It makes a clunking sound and the gear indicator goes from the gear number displan to P-R-N-D indicator and then back to the gear number display. If you leave your foot off the brake, the car will repeatedly jerk forward. If you slowly accelerate the car is extremely jerky and not smooth like it should be. This makes for dangerous parking in a garage or where there are obstacles in the area. I am afraid to park it. The problem occurs everytime I drive the care for 20-30 minutes.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 212009

Brand new 2009 Audi A3 with 200 miles completely failed in the highway in las vegas, nv. I purchased the vehicle brand new approximately one week prior to this incident. I am traveling on the highway in the middle lane at around 60/65 mph, the transmission (dsg) started making chunk noises and the car started to jerk, then the engine completely shut down in the middle of the highway!! not to mention my youngest sister (10 years old) was with me. I couldn't restart the engine and I couldn't steer and/or shift without pressing on the break. I ended up in a complete stop in the middle of the highway hoped no one would hit me and thank god it didn't. I then quickly shift the gear back to "P" and fortunately the engine started again so I could get out of this hell zone. This is truly unbelievable for a new vehicle with 200 miles. If this does not put my and my love ones in dangerous, I am in serious concern of the manufacturers most basis human intentions.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA