3.3

2011 Audi A3 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi A3:

2011 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Nov 222015

A3

I was at the tail end of a 400 mile trip-all freeway driving. After exiting the freeway, the car was slowly losing power. The glow plug light came on. Car stalled after 1/2 mile. I tried to restart it. It would not start. The glow plug and check engine light were on. Towed to dealership to find the high pressure fuel pump send metal into my fuel system and engine. I have just over 50,000 miles on the car. The repair is covered due to the faulty part. Audi should have to take the car back because they knew about this problem. Instead of doing a recall, they allowed the car to be driven and now my engine is affected. I tried to arrange a trade-in at a local Subaru dealership and they offered me low blue book minus $10,000. My car is not only undesirable, but worthless.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Sep 242014

A3

The vehicle started loosing power and stalling. The engine light came up. I took the car the dealer. They diagnosed the problem as a high-pressure fuel pump that has disintegrated and damaged the entire fuel system.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 012014

A3

I was driving along the NY state thruway in albany at 65-70 miles an hour. I realized I was unable to accelerate and saw that the glow plug light was flashing. I slowed down and tried to move over to the right, but as I slowed, the car stalled and I was in the middle lane. I was in the middle lane with cars passing me on either side and I was unable to restart my car. It was so scary. I couldn't get out, I was alone. I didn't know what to do, I felt my life was in danger, unable to get out of my car. I got myself together enough to call aaa. They called the police to help me with traffic. I was pushed to the side of the road dodging cars and trying not to get hit. Aaa came 1 hour later; it was 12:00pm, hot and humid on the labor day holiday! they towed me to the nearest Audi dealer which was 20 miles away. I had to pay for the extra miles. I am 3 hours from home with no idea what I am going to do. My daughter had to come pick me up and drive me back home. Now my car is in albany and I am in Massachusetts. I don't know what is wrong with my car or how I am going to get my car back. This was a very scary, unacceptable incident!

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Jun 252014

A3 4-cyl Diesel

Fuel pump imploded and sent shrapnel throughout the entire fuel system. Everything had to be replaced.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Aug 032012

A3

The contact owns a 2011 Audi A3 tdi. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was immediately able to be restarted and was then taken to the dealer. The dealer was unable to diagnose a problem with the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified who offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 17,000.

- Yulee, FL, USA