4.7

2011 Audi A3 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi A3:

2011 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Sep 212016

A3

I purchased the vehicle from a dealer in houston, tx on Oct 3, 2016. Prior to purchase, I submitted the necessary documentation and notice to us customs for export to Canada. I also contacted Audi Canada to determine that there were no outstanding recalls. The vendor provided a temporary permit from the state of Texas, which permitted us to drive the vehicle home. We imported the vehicle into Canada at port huron with no complications on October 21, 2016, paying the required duty and hst. Several days later, we received notice from riv that they could not issue clearance, as a recall for the takata airbag remained outstanding. Riv indicated that the vehicle must comply within 45 days or be returned to the us. I enquired about returning the vehicle to the selling dealer. However, as the Texas title has been transferred to my name, the vehicle must now be compliant for resale in the us. I have made numerous inquiries of Audi Canada and while they have attempted to be helpful, they indicate that no replacement parts are available and no date has been provided regarding availability of parts. I have also contacted Audi mississauga, (who have serviced other Audi vehicles for us), as well, as the original selling dealer in san antonio, tx, to ask them to include our vehicle in the queue, should parts become available. In the meantime, the vehicle sits in my garage, somewhere in bureaucratic no-mans-land. While I would prefer to have the recall completed, I am not concerned about driving the vehicle and accept that responsibility. Are you aware of other owners who have had similar experience and have they been able to resolve the issue" or, can you suggest an alternate course of action that may lead to a resolution"

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 132016

A3

The contact owns a 2011 Audi A3. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 272016

A3 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi A3. The contact received notification if NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 12/01/16

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Aug 262016

Takata recall

- Granby, MA, USA

Aug 262016

A3

Takata recall. No remedy available apparently.

- Granby, MA, USA

Aug 052016

A3

Takata airbag I am writing to express my great concern about this potentially lethal issue with my car. This recall is open since February 2016 and yet nothing has been done to rectify this. I am forced to drive a potentially lethally harmful vehicle over the lack of ability by the manufacturer to remedy the airbag inflator. I understand the involved concerns of the survivability of takata - however my personal life comes before the economic concern of the car manufacturer and its suppliers.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Jun 272016

A3

Takata recall. A recall was issued in February 2016 for my vehicle. I was notified by Audi of the recall in April. I contacted the dealer then and was told there were no parts available. I contacted Audi West houston again on June 27, 2016 and was told the only remedy to me was a discount on a new car. I was told this by a salesman and by the general sales manager. I contacted Audi customer service on June 29, 2016, and they said there were no parts available and they did not have any idea when they would be available. They said I could continue to drive the car since no Audi or VW had experienced an air-bag failure. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle and would like it repaired. I don't think it's right that Audi has not repaired a single vehicle under this recall nor can they estimate when they will begin repairing these vehicles. Why does someone have to be killed in an Audi/VW before they are forced to provide repairs or alternative transportation. Their approach seems to be to "wait it out" and hope that people will just be forced to buy another vehicle from them under an "incentive" program that is completely inadequate. I don't know why I should be forced to buy another Audi simply to avoid driving an unsafe vehicle. I would rather have them disable the airbag than take the chance that it explodes.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 092016

A3

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi A3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V079000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA