9.7

2011 Audi A3 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi A3:

2011 Audi A3 Owner Comments

May 062011

A3

Purchased a new 2011 Audi A3 tdi last Saturday. The following Friday while pulling out into an intersection the dsg transmission briefly went into neutral and I saw the tachometer needle shoot up and heard the engine whine. I was in manual mode at the time. I down shifted and let off the gas and it re-engaged. The following day (today) the same thing happened again. This time I was also in manual mode and was again pulling out into traffic from an almost complete stop. I will be calling the dealer Monday, but in the meantime I have since learned that this is an ongoing and known issue with VW / Audi dsg transmissions.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA