3.8

2003 Audi A4 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Audi A4:

2003 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Nov 172011

A4 6-cyl

The car jack broke down while replacing a flat tire, and the car fell on the ground after being suspended in air. Fortunately while all the bolts have been removed, the wheel was stuck to the hub or otherwise I would have been seriously injured. I think the jack has a very flawed design. Where the two parallel frames can be easily bent outward because they don't have enough support and then the support can slide out of its designated channel I have pictures of the failed jack. I am really concerned of what would have happened to my hands if not the miracle of the stuck wheel was there to prevent injury of my hands.. I have contacted the manufacturer to investigate this faulty design but they responded that they recorded the information for the future and there haven't been enough incidents yet to justify design review.

- Stanford, CA, USA

Nov 242006

A4 6-cyl

Audi A4 2003, the clutch failed at 30,000 miles, but Audi refused to fix the problem until it was completely undrivable. I had to pay out of pocket because it was categorized as wear and tear, thus not covered by Audi's least. The electrical system and the fuel pump also failed and needed to be replaced. The jack broke while changing a flat tire and I was told that this had happened to other Audi owners, but still had to pay the damage to the plastic siding out of pocket.

- Naperville, IL, USA