2004 Audi A4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A4:

2004 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Aug 092009

Audi dealer replaced front brake pads, under maintenance schedule. Within 90 days wet weather braking in the front is nill! one has to put the left foot on the pedal keeping the pads warmed up so when braking is needed, brake force is available. Some dealers have acknowledged Audi sold pads that got wet easily and retained moisture, causing severe braking loss. Audi America refuses to acknowledge problem and owners have had to have the pads replaced at their own cost! what is it going to take..a brake related death and a lawsuit?

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Aug 072010

I was driving my Audi A4 2004 down a slight slope and had to stop at the red light just before crossing a major highway (va 123). As I saw the red light, I tried to press on the breaks and around the same time, I realized that the car started shaking as if it was about to stall. However, the car did not stall and the break was rock hard. I couldn't apply the breaks. I lowered the gear and used the hand break to stop the car. I had the car towed to the Audi dealer. Dealer told me that the suction pump valve split into two and that is why the engine suddenly got too much air and the break power assist also failed. They have replaced the suction pump. The old part has been trashed.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Jun 182008

Been a not so proud owner of a Audi A4 2004, and having a number of documents issues with my call and receiving poor service from my local dealer. At approximately 3000 miles before my warranty expired the front brakes starts to make grinding nose after taking to the dealer the dealer informed me that the brakes needed to be replaced including the routers (which by the way they never replaced under the maintenance despite the fact I requested them to check my brakes every time I took the car for service and they kept telling my the brakes were good). At this time they informed me that I had to pay $320 to have my brakes replaced. What I don't understand is my did the dealer waited for the router to the full damaged before replacing them.

- Miami, FL, USA