6.0

1. replace valve cover gasket (1 reports)
2004 Audi A4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A4:

2004 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Mar 062010

A4 Quattro Cabriolet 1.8L

I asked Audi to help pay for out of warranty low mileage(32000) valve cover failure repair. Audi said minimal use of car caused the gasket to fail. However gasket makers state only heat pressure and vibration cause gasket failure not letting your vehicle rest in your garage. Audi said if I bought a new A8 they would cover the repair. I had looked at one couldn't afford it and wouldn't buy one if I could because of poor service experience with the A4. I told Audi that in the survey they sent me about the service experience. Some Reports of gasket failures in 2003 A4 cars. Wonder if old leftover parts used in some 2004 A4 like mine. Really disappointed in Audi not caring if they offend existing customers. Obviously no repeat business from me.

- , Richmond, VA, USA