4.2

2006 Audi A4 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Audi A4:

2006 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Aug 012015

A4

I have an Audi A4 2006 that I purchaced as a certified pre-owned vehicle. Shortly after in November 2009 I received a recall from Audi of America ┐"upcoming voluntary emissions service action 28F2/ji ignition coil inspection replacement"Ł. at the time I wasn't having any problems but took the car to dealer where I purchased it and had the coils checked. Almost immediately after leaving the check engine light came on and I went straight back to have it checked. There was never anything '┐wrong"┐Ł so I couldn┐┐T trust the check engine light. This seemed to become a routine whenever I went to the dealer the check engine light was surely to come on. So much so that I stopped going to that dealer for servicing, its not uncommon to hear that women that go to get their car serviced get "special'┐Ł treatment. I am always skeptical of that. Now I have 60,000 miles on my car and after experiencing severe shaking and the engine light coming on and blinking one of the items that arose again was the coils replaced for $424.22 a misfire cyl 4 caused by ignition coil misfire in cyl 4. apparently the recall "┐is over" that was the detailed and thoughtful explanation I was given by the representative from new country Audi in greenwich, ct. I don't understand how a recall could ever be over as it will be unsafe and costly to the customer for the life of the vehicle.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Jul 012014

Transmission control module failed

- New Orleans, LA, USA

May 112011

A4 4-cyl

Audi 2006 A4 convertible top adhesive breakdown on rear glass. No repair at this time. Getting quotes, local Audi dealership says it is note a covered item.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Mar 242008

A4

2006 Audi A-4 hit with debris from a tire blow out. Consumer states that a tractor trailer tire blewout and the debris hit his vehicle. (Ohio traffic crash report # 10-0331-91)

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA